Aging in Place
Canada’s population is aging, and you might be a part of that demographic. Not to worry though – 60 is the new 40, right? In any case, you likely want to prepare your home now.
We offer a wide variety of solutions to keep you feeling young and most importantly keep you living in your own home.
If my 96-year-old grandma who is blind can do it: so can you.
Here is a list of services you might want to consider:
- Changing door handles from knobs to levers
- Changing your bathtub to a low curb walk in shower
- Adding foldable fixed benches to your existing shower
- Grab bars: these can be put throughout your home – bathroom – shower – hallway – shoe closet – bedroom – any steps or changes in floor height).
- Putting pull out drawers in your fixed cabinets in your kitchen
- Widening interior doors to accommodate walking aids
- Lengthening steps in your home to accommodate balance challenges.
We can work with you to customize these changes to fit your specific needs. Our goal isn’t to just help you stay in your home but to also ensure you feel safe and comfortable while being there.